Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ornate Blossom Anniversary




I've been wanting to use this stamp and I needed an anniversary card for my sister and her husband and thought this would be perfect since it isn't really very floral and feminine even though the stamp is called "Ornate Blossom". I wasn't sure what color to use and was looking through my DSP and found that I had the Greenhouse Gala DSP, which coordinates perfectly with this stamp, and decided to use baja breeze ink. I knew that I wanted the blossom part of the image to stand out so first I stamped the image onto a 2 3/4" x 3" piece of whisper white card stock using early espresso ink and then stamped another image on a scrap piece of whisper white card stock using baja breeze ink and cut out the center blossom. Before I attached the baja breeze stamped image to the main image I wanted to add some subtle sparkle so I spritzed the piece using frost white shimmer mist and then attached it to the main image with dimensionals. The stamped panel was layered onto some baja breeze card stock and then early espresso card stock. The DSP was layered onto baja breeze card stock adhered to the whisper white card base and then the stamped image piece was added. To finish the card I attached some early espresso satin ribbon.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Greenhouse Gala DSP; Ink: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso; Stamps: Ornate Blossom; Other: Frost White Shimmer Mist, Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

No comments: