Sunday, December 23, 2012

More Christmas Trees

This will be my second post today with the focus of the cards being a Christmas Tree.  The first card was inspired by a card I saw on Dawn Olchefske's blog.  I had quite a few strips of paper left over from the previous cards I posted and thought this was a great way to use up the scraps. I changed a few things from her original card to make it my own.


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Greetings of the Season
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Red Glimmer Paper, Festival of Prints DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Snowburst Embossing Folder, Holiday Collection Framelits Die, Dimensionals

This card was inspired by a card I saw on Sharon Burkett's blog.  I don't own the Merry Minis Punch Pack so I used a mini tree punch that I've had for several years.  I kept the same basic layout but she used ribbon on her card and I just used a strip of basic black card stock.


Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Greetings of the Season, Bold Snowflake
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, DCWV Glitter Pack
Ink: Black, Illuminate Shimmer Watermark
Accessories:  1" Square Punch, Postage Stamp Punch, Mini Tree Punch, Dimensionals

For this card I wanted something very vintage looking and the tree from the Christmas Lodge stamp set is the perfect image.  The card stock and ink I used have both been discontinued and of course I'm still trying to use my old supplies.  To make the pearls red I used a Sharpie permanent marker and just colored them.  It works great and you can make any color pearl you want. It works with rhinestones too!


Supplies Used: 
Stamps:  Christmas Lodge
Paper: Very Vanilla, Ruby Red, Forest Foliage
Ink: Ruby Red, Forest Foliage
Accessories:  Pearls, Sharpie Marker, Snowburst Embossing Folder, Dots Embossing Folder, Oval Nestabilities Die, Dimensionals

No comments: