Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another Co-worker's Birthday


Another co-worker's birthday! This card is for a college student and I know he will really like the images used. I actually was inspired by a card that my nephews gave me last year for my birthday. It was a Hallmark card that played "Bad to the Bone"! They took me to breakfast for my birthday and had me open the card at the table. Everyone in the dining room was able to hear the card. I was surprised at how loud it was. But, I digress lets get back to this card. The card is square and fits the SU medium square envelopes (5 1/2" x 5 1/2"). The sentiments used were computer generated using the font "chiller". I don't remember what I ended up sizing the font at so that words would be the right size for the card. I found a drawing of flames on the web and printed them on card stock, cut them out and sponged them to get the effect I wanted. Overall I really like how this card turned out. 
 
This is what the card looked like on the inside.
 

Here is a close-up of the skull and you can really see the glittery eyes and party hat as well as the shiny look on the crossbones from the crystal effects.







Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, DCWV Glitter Pack; Ink: Palette Noir Black, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Real Red; Other: Star Punch, Creative Memories Circle Cutter, Crystal Effects, tombow glue, sponge daubers

No comments: