Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Flowers




This card started out as a monochromatic card but once I had it together it seemed to need something else. I decided to add the butterflies but didn't want them to be to bright or have to much of a contrast so I went with barely banana card stock. The card base was stamped first with the sanded background stamp using mellow moss ink and then stamped with the french script background stamp using white craft ink. The main image was stamped with white craft ink on mellow moss card stock and them embossed with white embossing powder. The flower image was mounted to whisper white card stock but then I decided it needed something so I punch a strip of whisper white card stock using a fleur de lis border punch and adhered the strip to the left side of the image. The ribbon is some that I picked up at Michael's and the color went great with the mellow moss card stock.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana; Ink: White Craft, Mellow Moss; Stamps: Just Believe, Sanded, French Script; Other: White Embossing Powder, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Fleur De Lis Border Punch, Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Dimensionals

No comments: