Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sailboat Punch Art




My niece is expecting a baby boy any day now and is going with a sailboat theme for the baby's room. I wanted to make her some thank you cards for the gifts she received at her baby shower and thought I would try to make something that matched the theme. I wanted the sailboats to be a little whimsical but I don't own the stamp set "Nursery Necessities" so I had to create my own with punches. Once I figured out the size sailboat I wanted it didn't take me long to complete 24 of them. Probably most of the time taken to create any card is in the planning and design. Once that is done it is pretty easy to mass produce any card once you have all of the elements prepared. The bedding is all blue but I thought it needed a pop of color so I added the red. In keeping with the nautical theme the sentiment reminded me of a life preserver ring and of course I had to add a some kind of rope or knot, in this case it is bakers twine knotted in a square knot.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Night of Navy, Night of Navy DSP, DCWV Glitter Paper, DCWV The Stack 5; Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red; Stamps: Riveting, Small Sayings; Other: White Bakers Twine, 1/2", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8", 1 3/4" Circle Punches, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

No comments: