Thursday, November 3, 2011

Essentials of Happiness




The challenge: Words of Encouragement - focal point should be a word, quote or sentiment of encouragement. I combined the HYCCT challenge with a sketch challenge for this card. I stamped the sentiment on very vanilla card stock in black ink and then colored the leaves and stem. The designer paper is called autumn traditions and of course it is now discontinued and it is also what I used to pick the colors from. I kept things very muted and didn't use the brighter red or purple. Once I had the card layout set it needed a little more color and that is why I decided to use the yellow gold ribbon.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Autumn Traditions DSP; Ink: Black, River Rock, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke; Stamps: Sidekick Sayings; Other: EK Success 3/8" Ribbon Border Punch, 1/4" Yellow Gold Grosgrain Ribbon, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

No comments: