Friday, June 7, 2013

Reason to Smile

 
I've seen various cards that have an image stamped over script and then the image is colored.  I really like the look of it and wanted to try to create something with a similar effect.  The French Script background stamp was inked with black and off-stamped before stamping onto the circle and then I stamped the flower images in black ink over the script.  The flowers were colored using rose red and old olive markers.  Initially, I was going to mount the stamped image onto a scallop circle of rose red card stock but decided it really didn't need the extra layer.  To finish the card I added some rose red dsp mounted to a piece of rose red card stock with one edge scalloped and added some rose red seam binding ribbon to finish.  I wanted the card to have a little sparkle but didn't feel like getting the glitter out so, I opted on using a Sakura glitter pen to highlight the petals.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Reason to Smile, French Script
Paper:  Whisper White, Rose Red, Rose Red DSP
Ink:  Black, Rose Red, Old Olive
Accessories:  2 1/2" Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon, Sakura Glitter Pen

No comments: