Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day



I made this card to give to my husband for Valentine's Day. His favorite color is blue and so I wanted to use that instead of red. I don't think it looks to feminine and since its an expression of my feelings for him I thought that the background stamp was perfect. It was not an easy task cutting out the images, especially that butterfly. Although this is a very simple layout it worked well to keep it simple and not to fussy so that it won't end up looking to feminine.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, DCWV Background Paper; Ink: Palette Noir Black, Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Old Olive; Stamps: Dreams du Jour, Tres Chic; Other: Square Scallop Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Dew Drops, Blender Pen, Paper Snips, Dimensionals

No comments: