Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dasher with Sparkle




When I first looked through the SU catalog and saw this stamp I knew I had to have it. The stamp was only $8.95 and I think it will coordinate nicely with the "Winter Post" stamp set (which I already own). This is the 3rd card I made and decided not to use for the swap I am participating in tomorrow. The card did come together quickly and was a very simple layout but I ended up using the color "Riding Hood Red" which was one of the "In Colors" from last year. I made most of my Christmas cards last year using that color and I was sad to see it go. I made sure that I ordered more paper before it was gone. The background paper matches the textile embossing folder really well and is also a perfect match to the Riding Hood Red cardstock. I wanted to add a little bit of sparkle to the entire image but you can really only see the sparkly antlers but the body of the deer is also sparkly. I used a red "Atyou Spica glitter pen" to make the body sparkle and a "Sakura" glitter pen for the antlers.


Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, DCWV Background Paper; Ink: Riding Hood Red; Stamps: Dasher; Other: Slot Punch, Riding Hood Red Ribbon, Atyou Spica Glitter Pen, Sakura Glitter Pen, Dimensionals, Textile Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

No comments: