Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Stars




I needed another card for one of the guys I work with and I didn't have a lot of time to complete the card. I started with a 4"x5" piece of very vanilla card stock and using the Martha Stewart scoreboard, scored lines at 1" intervals both vertically and horizontally. To make sure the stars were centered in each square I used my stamp-a-ma jig. I stamped all of the green stars in the grid and then all of the blue stars. The vanilla card stock was layered onto a piece of chocolate chip card stock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 1/8" and then added to the card base of taken with teal card stock measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/4". To create the banner I stamped the sentiment on a piece of very vanilla card stock measuring 1" wide and used the photo corner punch to create the fish tail and did the same to a piece of chocolate chip card stock that was 1 1/8" wide. I wanted the banner to extend beyond the card and cut the ends of the vanilla and chocolate chip card stock to the desired length. To finish the card I punched out stars using the small and large star punches and layered them together with a silver brad and attached to the banner with a dimensional.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Taken With Teal, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery; Ink: Taken With Teal, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip; Stamps: Darling Dots, Occasional Quotes; Other: Small Star Punch, Large Star Punch, Photo Corner Punch, Silver Brad, Dimensionals

No comments: