Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hey Chick!




I had seen several different versions of this "chick" and thought it would be a cute idea for a card to send to my daughter. I'm still using my supplies of discontinued card stock. To create the chick I used yoyo yellow card stock and the mega scallop circle punch for the body and the scallop circle punch trimmed for the wings. The feet were punched using the boho blossoms punch and only orange card stock. The beak is a square of only orange card stock folded in half. For the eyes I punched 2 white and 2 yoyo yellow circles using the 1" circle punch and 2 brocade blue circles using the 1/2" circle punch. I trimmed the yoyo yellow circles to create the eyelids. The edges of all the yoyo yellow pieces were sponged using so saffron ink and then the chick was assembled. The card base is a 5 1/2" square of whisper white card stock that was layered with yoyo yellow and razzleberry lemonade DSP.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Brocade Blue, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP; Stamps: Karen Foster Snap Stamps Casual Alphabet; Ink: Black, So Saffron; Other: Mega Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Melon Mambo Grosgrain Polka Dot Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Dew Drops, Dimensionals

No comments: