Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Monkey




A friend of mine had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago and I needed a card. I bought the baby an outfit with a monkey on it and thought I'd try to make a card to match so I gathered together my punches and got to work. Once all of the elements were punched out the little baby monkey came together quickly. I won't go into detail on putting the monkey together but I will give some tips. I punched out a large oval as a base to glue the body and head to so that I could work with each section separately and also so that I could use a dimensional for the head section. The arms, legs and tail were all glued to the back of the body section before attaching to the oval base so that it has a clean look on the back. For a complete list of punches used see the supplies list below.

Supplies Used: Paper: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Animal Stories DSP; Ink: Chocolate Chip; Stamps: Tiny Talk; Other: 1 3/8", 1", 3/4" 1/2", 1/4" Circle Punches, 3/4" x 1 15/16" Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Trio Flower Punch, Word Window Punch, Crop-a-Dile, Tombow Adhesive, 2-Way Glue Pen, White Gel Pen, Chocolate Chip Felt Alpine Ribbon Originals, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Arlene said...

This is super cute! I am a new follower...so glad I found you, your work is beautiful. I am trying to make a baby card with a monkey theme and this is very inspiring. Your work is inspiring! :) Would love for you to visit my blog.

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/