Friday, July 29, 2011

Sparkly Popsicles




Not much stamping has been done here over the past couple of weeks I've been enjoying my grandson and the wonderful weather. It has been very warm and the best place to be is in the pool and that is exactly where I have been. I needed a birthday card for a co-worker and since it has been so hot here lately I decided to "cool" things off with some popsicles! I stamped the popsicle images on water color paper using black staz-on ink and colored them using various SU markers and a blender pen. Sort of a modified/quick version of water coloring. There is a great tutorial on water coloring with blender pens on the Stamping 411 blog here. The stamped image was layered on pink passion card stock that had a double layered scalloped edge. The sentiment was stamped on whisper white card stock and punched out using the jewelry tag punch. I punched out 2 more tags using the jewelry tag punch and pink passion card stock and adhered the sentiment to them which gave me a border in the pink passion. I attached the sentiment to the scalloped edge using bakers twine and then adhered the entire layer to a piece of whisper white card stock that was embossed using the square lattice embossing folder. Of course, it wasn't complete without some glitter to make it sparkle.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Pink Passion, Watercolor; Ink: Black Staz-on, Various SU Markers; Stamps: Sunny Fun, Vintage Labels; Other: Scallop Border Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Bakers Twine, Blender Pen, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

No comments: