Thursday, July 2, 2009

Make Lemonade



Splitcoast's "ways to use it challenge" on 06/25/09 was to create a card using bold brights (WT224). I took the challenge literally and used bold and bright colors combined with neutrals (white and black) to create this card. The stamp set I used has been retired for some time now but I immediately thought of lemons and remembered I had this set. The lemonade just makes me think of a hot summer day (not that we've had any of them yet). I like using this layout as you can get several layers and use some background papers to give the card more interest.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, Gable Green, Misc Background Paper; Ink: Palette Noir Black, Yoyo Yellow, Gable Green, Certainly Celery; Stamps: Country Comfort; Other: 1/2" Circle Punch, Large Brads, Sakura Glitter Pens, Gingham Ribbon, Cuttlebug Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

No comments: