Monday, September 26, 2011

Corner Bookmark




This is the matching bookmark I made to go with the card that was posted yesterday. The card was given to a friend of mine who loves to read, along with a gift card to Barnes & Noble. I have often suggested that she invest in a Nook, Kindle or E-Reader of some sort but she insists that there is something about actually holding a book that no electronic device can replace. Since she is so adamant about having the actual printed book to read I thought I'd make her a matching bookmark to go with her card and gift. I began with a tutorial that I found here on Splitcoaststampers. I used always artichoke, barely banana and very vanilla card stock and spring flowers designer series paper. I followed the basic instructions in the tutorial using the eyelet border punch along the bottom edge and the designer series paper as my layers. The flower was inked with cameo coral and then the center was colored using a chocolate chip marker and then stamped onto very vanilla card stock. I used a circle cutter and cut out the flower image. The stamped image was mounted to a circle of always artichoke and a scalloped circle of barely banana card stock. The seam binding ribbon was attached and then the stamped image was adhered using dimensionals.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Barely Banana, Always Artichoke, Spring Flowers DSP; Ink: Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip; Stamps: Love & Care; Other: Eyelet Border Punch, Circle Cutter, Scallop Circle Punch, Seam Binding Ribbon, Dimensionals

No comments: