Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fancy Fold




I can't believe my last blog post was a month ago. I'm not sure how that happened since I have made several cards and I even remembered to take pictures of some. Now that I'm actually sitting here updating my blog I'm going to try and post what I can. So over the next couple of days I'll try and have something for you to see.

For this card I wanted to make a card using a fancy fold that I've been seeing lately on Splitcoaststampers and they even have a tutorial. I created my card base using close to cocoa card stock following the instructions in the tutorial and then set that aside until I had all the other elements created.
 
Using the flower stems from Fabulous Florets I stamped them on naturals white card stock using old olive ink. To make the large flowers I punched out 3 flowers using the fancy flower punch and chocolate chip card stock. I then ran them through my paper crimper and then crumpled them into a ball and just kept working with the paper until the fibers broke down so that I could separate each flower. What I ended up with was 6 flowers. I stacked 3 of them together with the sueded side up, inserted a summer sun corduroy brad in the center, attached them to the stamped flower stems and then mounted the piece to the card base. The birthday sentiment was stamped on naturals white card stock using chocolate chip ink and then adhered to a piece of chocolate chip card stock that had one edge punched using the scalloped edge border punch. I then punched out 3 flowers in chocolate chip card stock using the smallest flower from the boho blossoms punch. These were also crumpled and separated the same way as the large flower but instead of a corduroy brad I used a rhinestone brad and attached them to either side of the sentiment and attached it to the card base. The 1" sides have a strip of designer paper mounted to a piece of chocolate chip card stock and then attached to the card base.
 
Supplies Used: Paper: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Natural White, Spring Showers DSP; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive; Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Bring on the Cake; Other: Fancy Flower Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Scalloped Edge Border Punch, Summer Sun Corduroy Brads, Fire Rhinestone Circle Brad

No comments: