Wednesday, October 7, 2009

3D Ornament




I saw this ornament and I knew I wanted to try to make one too. It wasn't very difficult at all. The most difficult part was getting the beads threaded on the silver cord. I changed the color and sprayed each of the punched ornaments with the frost white/alcohol mixture (see this post for all the details).


To create this ornament I used 6 punched ornaments, scored each one in half and then glued 3 ornaments together twice. You will have 2 halves each with 3 of the punched ornaments. Be sure to line up your edges evenly. Once you have your 2 halves, string your beads on the silver cord and knot the end. To attach to silver cord in the middle I used a small piece of sticky strip tape on one of the halves to keep the cord in place and then added glue to the other half and glued them together.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White; Ink: Real Red; Stamps: Delightful Decorations; Other: SU Ornament Punch, Frost White Shimmer Paint w/Alcohol, Silver Cord, Narrow Red Ribbon, Beads, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lisab
This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing :) I was drawn to your blog by your india card and found a treasure trove of inspiration.

Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job on this ornament, so pretty! Your blog is so great!
Diane