Monday, October 5, 2009

Vintage Look Ornaments




The ornaments in this set have a vintage feel to me. The background paper is some that I've had for several years from Stampin' Up. This paper isn't double sided like all of the current background paper (now you know how long I've had this). Since I was using older background paper I thought I'd also use the navy organdy ribbon that has been discontinued from SU for several years now. I guess the entire card ended up being vintage.

Its difficult to tell from the photo but the ornament in navy has been spritzed with frost white shimmer paint mixed with alcohol (about 1/2 tsp of shimmer paint mixed with about 2 oz. alcohol). I bought some small bottles from the dollar store but if you have any empty Stampin' Mist containers they would work great. Just be sure before you spray that you shake the bottle really well and spray about 12" from the surface. You can speed the dry time by using your heat gun.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Baroque Burgundy, Festive Finery DSP; Ink: Night of Navy, Baroque Burgundy, Forest Foliage, Basic Gray; Stamps: Tree Trimmings, Christmas Greetings; Other: Navy Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals, Frost White Shimmer Paint

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are really killing me. I didn't even do Halloween cards yet and I want to do Christmas cards now instead.