Saturday, October 17, 2009

Maple Leaf




I made this card for the "ways to use it challenge" on Splitcoast. The challenge was to make a card using leaves. I decided to use the maple leaf from the a retired SU stamp set called Autumn Leaf Prints. I created my own background paper by stamping the leaves randomly onto very vanilla card stock using really rust and more mustard ink. I wanted the background to have a slight shimmer to it so I spritzed it with a mixture of gold Pearl Ex powder and liquid hairspray. To create the focal point leaf, I first inked up the image with more mustard ink and then added really rust using a marker and spritzed with water to blend the colors and stamped the image onto very vanilla card stock. After cutting the image out I used versa mark and SU's glassy glaze embossing enamel several times until I achieved the effect I was going for. The leaf is mounted on a 2" piece of very vanilla card stock using dimensionals. The micro beads were attached using a very thin line of crystal effects.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Really Rust; Ink: More Mustard, Really Rust, Versa Mark; Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints; Other: Glassy Glaze Embossing Enamel, Micro Beads, Crystal Effects, Gold Organdy Ribbon, Gold Pearl EX Powder mixed with hairspray, Dimensionals

No comments: