Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fun, Funky and Retro




I'm not sure the title actually fits, but to me this card is all of them. The bright colors are fun and the flowers remind me of something from the 60's, hence the retro (not that I'm old enough to remember) and the color combination is a little bit funky...tempting turquoise, old olive, and crushed curry! I never would have thought to put these colors together on a card but the colors I used were all inspired by the colors in the flowers and somehow it all works. This card will be going to another one of my co-workers who really likes the "retro" look.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Basic Black, KI Memories Background Paper; Ink: Real Red, Basic Black; Stamps: Darling Dots; Other: Black Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Black Square Brads, 1/2" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch; 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch; Dimensionals

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your cards-I came to your blog to view the wedding card with 2 hearts in all white. (saw on Splitcoast site) I've looked through all your work-& I LOVE it all!! Very impressed!
Thanks for sharing with less creative souls as myself. :-)
Sandra