Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gray Birthday




This card is for the "Ways To Use It Challenge" on splitcoast. The challenge was to use gray as a neutral. I need more masculine birthday cards and thought since the challenge was to use gray it was also the perfect opportunity to make a masculine looking card. I kept the card clean and simple and didn't clutter it up with too many elements. It is also a monochromatic card which is what I seem to make when I make masculine looking cards. The card base is the standard A2 card in basic gray card stock layered with very vanilla and then charbon dsp. I stamped the sentiment and image onto very vanilla card stock using basic gray ink. I punched out the stamped image using the wide oval punch but I wanted the stamped image to have a border around it so I punched out 2 more ovals from basic gray card stock and then layered them together to create the border. The stamped image was attached over the ribbon with dimensionals.

Supplies Used: Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Charbon DSP; Ink: Basic Gray; Stamps: Vintage Labels; Other: Wide Oval Punch, Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals

No comments: