Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snowflakes and Crumb Cake




I'm not sure why but, I noticed that I've been using more crumb cake card stock this year when making my Christmas cards. Normally I use very vanilla with crumb cake but I wanted to stamp the snowflakes using white craft ink and really liked the crisp look of the white card stock. The snowflakes were stamped on crumb cake card stock (3 1/2" x 4 3/4") with white craft ink, once the craft ink was dry the snowflake piece was spritzed with champagne shimmer mist and layered onto whisper white card stock (3 3/4" X 5") and then the white taffeta ribbon was added around the stamped layer and then adhered to the crumb cake card stock base (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). A white snowflake from felt flurries has a half pearl adhered with mini glue dots that was then attached to the ribbon knot with mini glue dots. A very clean and simple card.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake; Ink: White Craft; Stamps: Merry, Patterned Pines, Merry & Bright; Other: White Taffeta Ribbon, Felt Flurries, 1/2 Pearl, Mini Glue Dots