Saturday, December 24, 2011

Aviary Christmas




I decided to challenge myself to make a Christmas card without using a traditional Christmas stamp set. I really like how this turned out. I stamped the birdcage and stand on white card stock using versa mark ink and embossed with silver embossing powder. To get the placement correct for my bird I used my stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped the bird using riding hood red ink. Once the main image stamped I added the branches and ribbon. The sentiment was adhered using dimensionals.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Aviary, Best Yet
Paper: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red DSP
Ink: Versa Mark, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, MS Branch Punch, Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

No comments: