Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Embrace Life




Since I've been making cards for the "Hope You Can Cling To" challenges on SCS it has made me realize just how lucky I am. I think most people can say that cancer has touched their lives in some way and I am no different. I lost both parents to cancer and a sister so these cards have a very special meaning to me. The sentiment on this card says it all.....Embrace Life! No matter what your circumstances are be grateful for the little things in your life and embrace that.

Now for the card. I highlighted the stems and leaves on the DSP using a Sakura glitter pen and I also used them on the stems and flower centers of the stamped image. The flowers were colored using various SU markers and then using my mat pack and paper piercing tool I pierced around the entire edge of the main image. This is a very simple card but sometimes they have the most impact.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Raspberry Tart DSP; Ink: Basic Brown, Regal Rose, Rose Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip; Stamps: Sweet Stems, Embrace Life; Other: Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Gold Brads, Sakura Glitter Pen, Piercing Tool, Dimensionals

No comments: