Monday, October 11, 2010

Pink Owl?




I finally got the chance to use this stamp set. This set is called "Aviary" and when I first saw it in the catalog I knew that I would end up buying it. The background paper used is probably 6 or 7 years old! This is a very simple card and just by changing the colors it would look very different. The birdcage was inked with basic gray ink and then off stamped to achieve a lighter color. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the owl perfectly inside the cage and then stamped the owl twice using pretty in pink ink to get a darker image.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Candy Paper DSP; Ink: Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink; Stamps: Aviary, Short & Sweet; Other: Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Oval Punches, Scallop Oval Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Dew Drops, Dimensionals

No comments: