Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The challenge was to make a project that features bees, a bee-friendly scene (preferably with bees present), or the color yellow! I decided to create a bee-friendly scene and combined two stamp sets. The grass background was stamped on very vanilla card stock with certainly celery ink, layered onto almost amethyst card stock and attached to a card base of lovely lilac. I stamped the hive on more mustard card stock using black ink and then highlighted it with a more mustard and close to cocoa markers. I stamped the "hive sweet hive" on very vanilla card stock in black ink, cut it out, adhered it to the hive and then attached the hive to the card front using dimensionals. The honey pot was stamped in black ink on very vanilla card stock, colored with almost amethyst, more mustard and close to cocoa markers and then cut out and adhered to the card front with dimensionals. Each of the bees were stamped on very vanilla card stock, colored with markers, cut out using paper snips and added to the card front using dimensionals. I used the trio flower punch with almost amethyst and lovely lilac card stock for the flowers, added pearls to the centers and attached to the card front with dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped in black ink on very vanilla card stock and layered on lovely lilac card stock. I used a 1" circle punch to create the rounded end on the sentiment and layer. I used crystal effects on the honey pot and a gelly roll glitter pen on the bees wings.
Supplies used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, More Mustard; Ink: Black, Certainly Celery, Various SU Markers; Stamps: Just Buzzin' By, Inspired by Nature; Other: Trio Flower Punch, Pearls, Gelly Roll Glitter Pen, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals