Sunday, October 23, 2011

Riot of Petals Tile




I'm almost caught up with the HYCCT challenges. I combined the HYCCT challenge of using 2 sizes of any shapes and the ways to use it challenge of faux tile and the color pink. I chose to use squares for the shape challenge and scored a 5" square of very vanilla card stock both vertically and horizontally at 1" inch intervals to create the faux tile. The riot of petals background stamp was inked in black and stamped onto the scored card. I used markers in various shades of pinks, greens and brown to color the image. Once the image was colored I used crumb cake ink, a sponge dauber and pieces of scrap paper (to mask off each square) to add some depth and shading to each of the squares. Since there was some bleeding of the ink in the score lines I used a white gel pen to give more definition to each square. The faux tile stamped piece was adhered to a 5 1/8" square of melon mambo card stock, ribbon was added and then adhered to a 5 1/4" square card base in pink pirouette card stock. The sentiment was stamped in melon mambo ink and punched out with a 1 1/4" square punch then layered onto a 1 3/8" piece of melon mambo card stock and a 1 1/2" piece of pink pirouette card stock. The sentiment was attached using dimensionals. This was a very labor intensive card but it is being donated to a great cause and I love the final look.Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette; Stamps: Riot of Petals, Best Yet; Ink: Black, Various SU Markers; Other: White Gel Pen, Light Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Kate Stockman said...

This is one of my favorite stamps. You did a beautiful job of coloring (wish I could color like that!) I just love it.