Monday, October 10, 2011

Rosette Wreath




My previous post shows the card I gave my friend for her birthday and this is what I gave her for a gift. She saw the wreath in the holiday mini catalog and loved it and told me that I could make her one for her birthday. We had a good laugh about it but I decided to give it a try and see if I could make one. I matched the paper to her card by using the apple cider designer series paper, really rust, garden green, river rock and some chocolate chip card stock as well. Buttons, various brads, paper punched elements and linen thread were added to the centers of the rosettes. Everything was adhered to a styrofoam wreath base that was wrapped with rust colored organza that I found at Joann's. I absolutely love how this turned out and so did my friend. I think I'll have to make one for myself too!

Supplies Used: Paper: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Garden Green, River Rock, Dusty Durango, Close to Cocoa, Apple Cider DSP; Other: Buttons, Brads, Various Punches, Linen Thread, Styrofoam Wreath Base, Hot Glue Gun, Sticky Strip

2 comments:

Martha Herrera said...

This is gorgeous. You did an amazing job!

Deb Mills (aka Debbie Do SCS) said...

Love your wreath! Would you mind sharing dimensions on the styro base and the sizes you cut your strips to make your rosettes?