Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Happy Hello




I decided to pull this set out and try watercoloring. I don't often use watercoloring on my cards but this set just calls out to be watercolored. I began by stamping the image onto watercolor paper using black staz-on ink. To color the image I used Stampin' Up watercolor pencils and an aqua painter. I didn't let the paper get to wet and waited to be sure an area was dry before adding more color. The image was mounted to a piece of yoyo yellow card stock and adhered to the card base of yoyo yellow that has a layer of very vanilla card stock that was embossed using the framed tulips embossing folder.

Supplies Used: Paper: Watercolor, Very Vanilla, Yoyo Yellow; Ink: Black Staz-on; Stamps: Friendship Grows, All Year Cheer I; Other: SU Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painter, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder

1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card! This image is just too sweet...and your coloring is perfect!