Friday, October 21, 2011

Snow Covered Village




I had a difficult time trying to figure out how to use paint on a card. I didn't want to watercolor an image or use some type of acrylic paint and as I was looking through my supplies I realized that I had fabric paint and decided it would be perfect for the card I had in mind. I began by creating an oval template that would help with the placement of the stamped image and also be used to shade the area. I stamped the image using handsome hunter ink and then proceeded to shade in the oval area with sage shadow ink and soft touches of handsome hunter ink. The stamped image was layered onto a piece of handsome hunter card stock and then added to the card base of very vanilla card stock. I punched out 3 snowflakes from the handsome hunter card stock, attached them to the card and added rhinestones to the center of each. To help balance the snowflakes on the lower right I added 2 large rhinestones to the upper left of the card. Once I had all of the elements added, I added the white pearl iridescent fabric paint to the stamped image and then sprinkled the wet paint with dazzling diamonds glitter. The fabric paint did absorb some color from the ink but I still like how it turned out.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Handsome Hunter; Stamps: Winter Wonderland; Ink: Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow; Other: Snowflake Punch, Rhinestones, White Pearl Iridescent Fabric Paint, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

No comments: