Friday, October 7, 2011

Grid of Leaves




For this card the challenge was not to use any embellishments unless they were made from paper. I knew immediately that I wanted to make a grid card since there would be so much going on in the grid I wouldn't need any embellishments. I started with a 4 1/2" square of very vanilla card stock and scored it at 1 1/8", 2 1/4", and 3 3/8" horizontally and vertically to create my squares. Using my stamp-a-ma-jig and the leave stamp from Darling Dots with really rust ink I stamped every other square and for added interest I turned the stamp so that all of the leaves wouldn't be going in the same direction. Once the really rust leaves were stamped I stamped the alternating squares using summer sun ink and the same leaf again turning the stamp so all of the leaves weren't going in the same direction. The stamped piece was mounted to a 4 3/4" square of summer sun card stock and then adhered to the 5" square card base in really rust. The sentiment was stamped using really rust ink onto a 1/2" piece of very vanilla card stock and then adhered to a piece of summer sun card stock. Each piece was trimmed to fit across the center of the card.

Supplies Used: Paper: Very Vanilla, Summer Sun, Really Rust; Ink: Summer Sun, Really Rust; Stamps: Darling Dots, Simple Sayings II; Other: Scoring Tool, Stylus, Paper Snips, Stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments: