Saturday, October 22, 2011

Strawberry Ice Cream Sundae




Another post today since I'm still trying to catch up on the HYCCT challenges. The challenge titled "Treat Yourself" was to create an edible treat and to make it pink. My first thought was to create a cupcake with pink frosting but when I went looking through my stamps I found this ice cream sundae stamp and decided to go with it. I also incorporated the free for all challenge (triangle flap fold) in this card. The designer paper is some that I've had in my stash and it seemed to go well with the card I had in mind. The instructions on making the triangle flap fold card can be found here. I stamped the ice cream sundae image using black ink onto a 1 7/8" square of whisper white card stock. I then stamped the ice cream portion and the cherry on a piece of scrap whisper white card stock in black ink. All of the images were colored using markers and the cherry and ice cream scoop portion were cut out and mounted to the main image using dimensionals. The stamped image was mounted to a 2" square of pink pirouette card stock. To create the pinking hearts square, I started with a 2 7/8" square of pretty in pink card stock and punched around the square using the pinking hearts corner and border punches. Once all of the punching was completed I ended up with a 2 3/8" square which was mounted to a 2 1/2" square of chocolate chip card stock. It's hard to see in the picture but I did add crystal effects to the glass portion on the image.

Supplies Used: Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Loves Me DSP; Stamps: Goody Goody Gumdrops; Ink: Black, Various SU Markers; Other: Pinking Heart Corner and Border Punches, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals

No comments: